Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Copy Rows To Result for 2 levels

Question Copy Rows To Result for 2 levels

Hi,

I have a Job that follows the structure below.

- Job1
    --- Job2
    ------ Transformation1 (Copy Rows to Result)
    - Job3 (For Every Row, execute Transformation2)
    --- Transformation2 (Get Rows from Result)

This does not seem to work.

However, if instead I do the following, it works just fine.
    - Job1
    --- Transformation1 (Copy Rows to Result)
    - Job 2 (For Every Row, execute Transformation2)
    --- Transformation2 (Get Rows from Result)

I think that in the former structure, the results that are copied are "consumed" by Job2 which is why it never gets passed to Job3. Essentially, what I need to do is put a 'Get Rows from Results" and "Copy Rows To Result" step in Job2 so that it is then consumed by Job3.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to achieve this?

Hi,

Works fine for me.As your requirement asks you should create three parent jobs and within the JOB2 create a child job which will hold the transformation having the "Copy rows to Result" step and the subsequent job i.e.JOB3 will have the transformation having the "Get rows from Result" step, fetching the data from the previous JOB.
    The "Copy Rows To Result" step transfers rows of data which is initially stored onto the memory after the execution of first JOB to the subsequent JOB via an internal result rowset.

Hi,
    Works fine for me.As your requirement asks you should create three parent jobs and within the JOB2 create a child job which will hold the transformation having the "Copy rows to Result" step and the subsequent job i.e.JOB3 will have the transformation having the "Get rows from Result" step, fetching the data from the previous JOB.
    The "Copy Rows To Result" step transfers rows of data which is initially stored onto the memory after the execution of first JOB to the subsequent JOB via an internal result rowset.