Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem Launching spoon.sh Pentaho Community 5.4 Data Integration

Default Problem Launching spoon.sh Pentaho Community 5.4 Data Integration

Hi everyone,

I'm having problem launching spoon.sh from my Oracle Linux Server 6.6. I believe there something to do with path, but I'm having a deadlock to resolve the latest error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First, org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [gtk_init_check() failed]. To resolve it, I replaced LIBPATH=$CURRENTDIR/../libswt/linux/x86_64/ to LIBPATH=/opt/pentaho/design-tools/data-integration/libswt/linux/x86_64/ in spoon.sh.

However, after the first error resolved, second error appear, Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Composite. Therefore, I replaced libraries=../test:../lib:../libswt to libraries=/opt/pentaho/design-tools/data-integration/lib:/opt/pentaho/design-tools/data-integration/libswt/linux/x86_64 in launcher.properties.

Then, after the second error resolved, third error appear, Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon. So, I copied lib and ui folder into launcher folder, since application directory is /opt/pentaho/design-tools/data-integration/launcher. However, it didn't resolve the error.

I believe that org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon is referring main class for kettle-ui-swt.jar. But anyhow I can't figure out how to resolve it.

Thanks in advance,
    Ema

Sure running an X-Server on your linux box ?

http://forums.pentaho.com/archive/in...p/t-48295.html

Default I believe x server is running

I ran ps -A | grep X and it return PID of the process, eg;
    31670 tty1 00:00:00 Xorg

Am I in the right direction? I am new to Pentaho and Linux.

It's working finally...

After setting debug=true at launcher.properties, I found that application directory is pointing at, eg., /opt/pentaho/design-tool/data-integration/launcher/. This seems not right since lib, libswt and ui are outside of launcher directory. Therefore, I copy launcher.properties and pentaho-application-launcher-5.4.0-130.jar inside data-integration.

I reverted changes that I made in spoon.sh and launcher.properties as below;

At spoon.sh
    1) MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib64/xulrunner
    2) STARTUP=$BASEDIR/pentaho-application-launcher-5.4.0-130.jar

At launcher.properties
    1) libraries=test:lib:libswt/linux/x86_64
    2) classpath=/:ui:ui/images:lib:libswt/linux/x86_64

And, run spoon.sh on terminal, not using putty.

Quote Originally Posted by gatsu2811 View Post
    And, run spoon.sh on terminal, not using putty.
    That was probably the biggest piece. By default, PuTTY does not redirect the GUI. Therefore, when running in PuTTY, you don't have a GUI, and libswt will not be happy.

http://superuser.com/questions/11979...ing-with-putty