Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Buiilding pentaho-kettle - build failure

Default Buiilding pentaho-kettle - build failure

Hi, I'm trying to build pentaho-kettle from Github.
    I've tried both master and the 6.0.0.0-R tag, both fail with this error:

Code:
    maven-install-dependencies:
         [echo] Installing D:\sources\Pentaho\pentaho-kettle\core/dist/ivy-6.1-SNAPSHOT.xml ...
         [exec] [INFO] Scanning for projects...
         [exec] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [exec] [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
         [exec] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [exec] [INFO] Total time: 0.547 s
         [exec] [INFO] Finished at: 2015-10-20T16:19:42+02:00
         [exec] [INFO] Final Memory: 4M/122M
         [exec] [ERROR] The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no POM in this directory (D:\sources\Pentaho\pentaho-kettle\core). Please verify you invoked Maven from the correct directory. -> [Help 1]
         [exec] [ERROR]
         [exec] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
         [exec] [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
         [exec] [ERROR]
         [exec] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
         [exec] [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MissingProjectException

BUILD FAILED
    D:\sources\Pentaho\pentaho-kettle\build.xml:123: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    D:\sources\Pentaho\pentaho-kettle\build.xml:128: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    D:\sources\Pentaho\pentaho-kettle\core\build-res\subfloor.xml:1030: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    D:\sources\Pentaho\pentaho-kettle\core\build-res\subfloor.xml:1042: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    D:\sources\Pentaho\pentaho-kettle\core\build-res\subfloor.xml:1234: exec returned: 1
    There is indeed no pom.xml in core\ but it's generated in core\dist instead.

Has anyone build pentaho-kettle from Github succesfully recently?
    Everything else on my workstation is setup correctly (Maven, Ant, Ivy etc).

Is anyone able to build correctly?
    Or am I asking on the wrong forum?

You're asking in the right forum, but I haven't built from source.
    There might be some trick to it, but haven't never tried, I can't guide you. Most people will only comment when they can help.