Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: In PDI 4.4.0 how to loop 10 or 20 rows ata time over the result of a Table input step

Default In PDI 4.4.0 how to loop 10 or 20 rows ata time over the result of a Table input step

Good day, and thank you very much for your attention.
    I have the following job:

in the transformation step "get_list" I get a result analog/identical to the following transformation:

The objective I am trying to achieve is running the "per_row" job NOT on the full list, but on batches of 10 or 20 so I can properly send them as email attachments.

Do we have any suggestion community?

Thanks in advance for this platform.

Andrés
    Attached Images Attached Images   

You could prepare batches in your get_list transformation by introducing a batch number so you can use the Group-By step's concatenation feature with the batch number as group key.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks very much Marabu for the response. Are you sure the link for introducing a batch number is the right one. Should I just select an extra column expressing the batch number and please marabu could be more specific on how to use the group by step. Should I just specify the key en separate them by commas? Would this be enough for the job to run the rest of the steps on those batches? Thank you very much marabu.

hi fernandrez,

Could you please attach the sample code of that screenshots below so that I could learn something from that.
    Regards,
    Dileep
    Mail ID

thank you very much community, solved.

besides doing what marabu suggested, simply included an extra transformation to split the field on the commas and for there on it just worked perfectly