Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Unable to connect to Mongodb from PENTAHO DI tool

Default Unable to connect to Mongodb from PENTAHO DI tool

Hi Friends,

If you come across the below error message before, please help me if you have resolution. I am trying to connect to mongodb database from PENTAHO DI tool for creating transformation. I am trying to use mongodb input as source for this transformation and when testing the mongodb connection with the given details, I am getting below message, though I was passing the correct details in the connection. The same credentials I could use and connect from other tools (mongoChef, Mongo Management Studio etc.,)

org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException:
    com.mongodb.CommandFailureException: { "serverUsed" : "mngd-sync-dv-02.xyz.com:27038" , "ok" : 0.0 , "code" : 18 , "errmsg" : "Authentication failed."}
    { "serverUsed" : "mngd-sync-dv-02.xyz.com:27038" , "ok" : 0.0 , "code" : 18 , "errmsg" : "Authentication failed."}

at org.pentaho.mongo.wrapper.NoAuthMongoClientWrapper.getDatabaseNames(NoAuthMongoClientWrapper.java:358)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.steps.mongodbinput.MongoDbInputDialog.setupDBNames(MongoDbInputDialog.java:1440)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.steps.mongodbinput.MongoDbInputDialog.access$300(MongoDbInputDialog.java:83)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.steps.mongodbinput.MongoDbInputDialog$4.widgetSelected(MongoDbInputDialog.java:448)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.steps.mongodbinput.MongoDbInputDialog.open(MongoDbInputDialog.java:1077)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.delegates.SpoonStepsDelegate.editStep(SpoonStepsDelegate.java:124)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.editStep(Spoon.java:8712)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.trans.TransGraph.editStep(TransGraph.java:3061)

Hi there,

I have the same issue with Mongo DB 3.0. I assume there is a problem with the SCRAM-SHA-1 authentication mechanism. But I am not sure.

Markus

I have same issue and couldn't find any workaround yet. Pentaho DI 6.0.1 (current latest version as of January 2016) is only certified Mongodb 2.6 which is very old old version in NOSQL world...

I have the same issue with mongodb. Did you find any resolution for this issue?