Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Kitchen.sh issue: Unknown error in KarafBlueprintWatcher

Default PDI 6 Error

I installed the PDI 6.0 community version, however it is giving below error everytime I execute the kitche.sh: Oct 27, 2015 7:24:30 AM org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl initDestination
    INFO: Setting the server's publish address to be /lineage
    07:25:27,835 ERROR [KarafLifecycleListener] Error in Blueprint Watcher
    org.pentaho.osgi.api.IKarafBlueprintWatcher$BlueprintWatcherException: Unknown error in KarafBlueprintWatcher
    at org.pentaho.osgi.impl.KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.waitForBlueprint(KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.java:89)
    at org.pentaho.di.osgi.KarafLifecycleListener$2.run(KarafLifecycleListener.java:112)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: org.pentaho.osgi.api.IKarafBlueprintWatcher$BlueprintWatcherException: Timed out waiting for blueprints to load: pentaho-big-data-api-pig,pentaho-big-data-kettle-plugins-pig
    at org.pentaho.osgi.impl.KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.waitForBlueprint(KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.java:77)
    ... 2 more

Default Kitchen.sh issue: Unknown error in KarafBlueprintWatcher

I installed PDI 6.0 community version. it has many small issues while I execute the kitchen.sh. Many of them I resolved. However below issue I am not able to resolve. Also it is not occurring sometimes. So not sure how to fix this. Good thing is, it is not stopping the job executiong however it is increasing the job execution time while waiting for some blue print.: 06:32:55,241 ERROR [KarafLifecycleListener] Error in Blueprint Watcher
    org.pentaho.osgi.api.IKarafBlueprintWatcher$BlueprintWatcherException: Unknown error in KarafBlueprintWatcher
    at org.pentaho.osgi.impl.KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.waitForBlueprint(KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.java:89)
    at org.pentaho.di.osgi.KarafLifecycleListener$2.run(KarafLifecycleListener.java:112)
    Caused by: org.pentaho.osgi.api.IKarafBlueprintWatcher$BlueprintWatcherException: Timed out waiting for blueprints to load: pentaho-big-data-api-hdfs,pentaho-big-data-impl-vfs-hdfs,pentaho-big-data-impl-clusterTests
    at org.pentaho.osgi.impl.KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.waitForBlueprint(KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.java:77)
    ... 2 more

Anyone has faced this issue? As this is taking 1 min. time before timeout the error and delaying the Job execution.

having similar issue. job executes successfully, but script hangs.

We had the same issue. Not sure if this is the right solution, but it worked:

I removed the interior nodes of these to files in the classes directory: kettle-lifecycle-listeners.xml and kettle-registry-extensions.xml so that they are like this:
    kettle-lifecycle-listeners.xml
    <listeners>
    </listeners>

kettle-registry-extensions.xml
    <registry-extensions>
    </registry-extensions>

Not entirely sure what it does, but it does seem to stop karaf from do anything at all - which is what we wanted.

Same issue here. Is it possible to contact the devs?

Hi khelms,

Thanks for the tip - it worked for me. I do still get :-

log4j:ERROR Could not create an Appender. Reported error follows.
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender cannot be cast to org.apache.log4j.Appender

but the logj4 script (log4j.xml in classes dir) look a bit more involved.

Any ideas?
    PDI 8.0.0
    MySQL - 5.6.27
    Redshift - 1.0.1485
    PostgreSQL 8.0.2
    OS - Ubuntu 10.04.2

Hi khelms,

I have tried your suggestions but still I'm unable to resolve the issue.

Is there any other solution ? How can we block these logs? when does this come?

Hi all,

I had same problem in my PDI 6.1 CE installation, long startup time then an exception with this error message

Timed out waiting for blueprints to load: data-refinery-pdi-plugin

The solution was really simple and was caused by the fact that in CE the data refinery plugin is not present (I imagine...) but the entry in karaf configuration to load the plugin is mistakenly present. To solve it open the file

<pdi_home>/system/karaf/etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg

and change line 31 from

featuresBoot=config,pentaho-client,pentaho-metaverse,pdi-dataservice,pdi-data-refinery

to

featuresBoot=config,pentaho-client,pentaho-metaverse,pdi-dataservice

Save and close the file. Then delete the content of the directory <pdi_home>/system/karaf/caches and restart Spoon. Your PDI CE installation will return starting as fast as expected.

Hope this helps!
    Follow Me on Twitter: sramazzina
    My Skype account: sramazzina
    My Blog
    View my profile on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sramazzina
    Author of Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen How-To and Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook

Join us on IRC server Freenode.net, channel ##pentaho ##saiku

Thanks sramazzina! This worked on our 6.1 PDI EE version, and eliminated the 2min delay (as it would eventually time out) on all of our jobs. Something that's been a hassle for quite a while.
    Enterprise 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by nmiles View Post
    Thanks sramazzina! This worked on our 6.1 PDI EE version, and eliminated the 2min delay (as it would eventually time out) on all of our jobs. Something that's been a hassle for quite a while.
    Glad to know that helped you in solving the issue!

Best

Sergio
    My Blog
    Author of Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen How-To and Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook

Good morning to everybody,

I hope that someone will help me, I've followed the instructions to remove the data-refinery-pdi-plugin, but I keep to have the following error:

Code:
    DEBUG: _PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME=/opt/java/jdk1.8.0_102/
    DEBUG: _PENTAHO_JAVA=/opt/java/jdk1.8.0_102//bin/java
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
    11:54:04,592 INFO  [KarafInstance] 
    *******************************************************************************
    *** Karaf Instance Number: 1 at /usr/local/data-integration_6_1/./system/ka ***
    ***   raf/caches/default/data-1                                             ***
    *** Karaf Port:8802                                                         ***
    *** OSGI Service Port:9051                                                  ***
    11:54:04,593 INFO  [KarafBoot] Checking to see if org.pentaho.clean.karaf.cache is enabled
    ott 19, 2016 11:54:05 AM org.apache.karaf.main.Main$KarafLockCallback lockAquired
    INFORMAZIONI: Lock acquired. Setting startlevel to 100
    2016/10/19 11:54:05 - Kitchen - Avvio dell'esecuzione.
    2016/10/19 11:54:05 - RepositoriesMeta - Lettura del file XML del repository: /home/kettle/.kettle/repositories.xml
    2016/10/19 11:54:07 - cfgbuilder - Warning: The configuration parameter [org] is not supported by the default configuration builder for scheme: sftp
    ott 19, 2016 11:54:10 AM org.pentaho.caching.impl.PentahoCacheManagerFactory$RegistrationHandler$1 onSuccess
    INFORMAZIONI: New Caching Service registered
    SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/local/data-integration_6_1/launcher/../lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.7.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/local/data-integration_6_1/plugins/pentaho-big-data-plugin/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.3.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
    SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
    11:56:10,434 ERROR [KarafLifecycleListener] Error in Blueprint Watcher
             at org.pentaho.osgi.impl.KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.waitForBlueprint(KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.java:103)
             at org.pentaho.di.osgi.KarafLifecycleListener$2.run(KarafLifecycleListener.java:161)
    Caused by: org.pentaho.osgi.api.IKarafBlueprintWatcher$BlueprintWatcherException: Timed out waiting for blueprints to load: pentaho-big-data-api-hdfs,pentaho-big-data-impl-vfs-hdfs,pentaho-big-data-impl-clusterTests
             at org.pentaho.osgi.impl.KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.waitForBlueprint(KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.java:88)
             ... 2 more
    What I'm missing ?

Thank you in advance, any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by alessio.missio View Post
    Good morning to everybody,

I hope that someone will help me, I've followed the instructions to remove the data-refinery-pdi-plugin, but I keep to have the following error:

Code:
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
    11:54:04,592 INFO  [KarafInstance] 
    *** Karaf Instance Number: 1 at /usr/local/data-integration_6_1/./system/ka ***
    ***   raf/caches/default/data-1                                             ***
    *** Karaf Port:8802                                                         ***
    *** OSGI Service Port:9051                                                  ***
    11:54:04,593 INFO  [KarafBoot] Checking to see if org.pentaho.clean.karaf.cache is enabled
    ott 19, 2016 11:54:05 AM org.apache.karaf.main.Main$KarafLockCallback lockAquired
    2016/10/19 11:54:05 - Kitchen - Avvio dell'esecuzione.
    2016/10/19 11:54:05 - RepositoriesMeta - Lettura del file XML del repository: /home/kettle/.kettle/repositories.xml
    2016/10/19 11:54:07 - cfgbuilder - Warning: The configuration parameter [org] is not supported by the default configuration builder for scheme: sftp
    ott 19, 2016 11:54:10 AM org.pentaho.caching.impl.PentahoCacheManagerFactory$RegistrationHandler$1 onSuccess
    INFORMAZIONI: New Caching Service registered
    SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/local/data-integration_6_1/launcher/../lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.7.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/local/data-integration_6_1/plugins/pentaho-big-data-plugin/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.3.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
    SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
    11:56:10,434 ERROR [KarafLifecycleListener] Error in Blueprint Watcher
             at org.pentaho.osgi.impl.KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.waitForBlueprint(KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.java:103)
             at org.pentaho.di.osgi.KarafLifecycleListener$2.run(KarafLifecycleListener.java:161)
             at org.pentaho.osgi.impl.KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.waitForBlueprint(KarafBlueprintWatcherImpl.java:88)
             ... 2 more
    What I'm missing ?

Thank you in advance, any help would be appreciated.
    Which version of Pentaho are you using. It seems your're trying to load big data things that are not available in your PDI. Same problem as for data refinery but targeting other plugins.

S
    My Blog

Thanks for the reply Sergio,

I'm using Pentaho 6.1 free edition.

Is there any shell command to view the version under Linux?

Thanks again!

Where did you get this version? Did you compiled it by yourself? Seems strange....
    My Blog

Hi Sergio,

no, it's just the open source version of PDI. Is there any command to write under linux to view the pdi version ?

Thanks again
    A

To find the version use the following command:

./kitchen.sh -version

Hi Sergio,

here is the version:
    Code:
    kettle@srv2:~$ /usr/local/data-integration_6_1/kitchen.sh -version
    08:04:19,134 INFO  [KarafInstance]
    *** Karaf Instance Number: 2 at /usr/local/data-integration_6_1/./system/ka ***
    ***   raf/caches/default/data-4                                             ***
    *** Karaf Port:8803                                                         ***
    *** OSGI Service Port:9052                                                  ***
    08:04:19,136 INFO  [KarafBoot] Checking to see if org.pentaho.clean.karaf.cache is enabled
    ott 20, 2016 8:04:20 AM org.apache.karaf.main.Main$KarafLockCallback lockAquired
    2016/10/20 08:04:20 - Kitchen - Versione di Kettle 6.1.0.1-196, build 1, data di build: 2016-04-07 12.08.49

Thanks for your efforts

A.

Good morning everybody,

does anyone have any idea on how could I resolve this problem?

Thank you very much
    A.

Hi,

I am also using 6.1 and i have tried the above fix but the blueprint watcher message keeps appearing every now and then.

Any other suggestions?

Kind Regards,

geales

We are on Windows 2012 R2 6.1 CE Kettle version and have started getting issue. It was fine for a few months and all of a sudden started getting it.
    Tried all the solutions mentioned here. Restarted the machine a few times but it still happens sporadically.
    The job was earlier scheduled with Windows task scheduled for every 5 minutes and changed to every 10 minutes but still did not help.
    Has anyone able to solve it for good.
    Thanks so much for your help,
    dubeysom

This worked for me on Pentaho 7 as well. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sramazzina View Post
    Hi all,

I had same problem in my PDI 6.1 CE installation, long startup time then an exception with this error message

Timed out waiting for blueprints to load: data-refinery-pdi-plugin

The solution was really simple and was caused by the fact that in CE the data refinery plugin is not present (I imagine...) but the entry in karaf configuration to load the plugin is mistakenly present. To solve it open the file

<pdi_home>/system/karaf/etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg

and change line 31 from

featuresBoot=config,pentaho-client,pentaho-metaverse,pdi-dataservice,pdi-data-refinery

to

featuresBoot=config,pentaho-client,pentaho-metaverse,pdi-dataservice

Save and close the file. Then delete the content of the directory <pdi_home>/system/karaf/caches and restart Spoon. Your PDI CE installation will return starting as fast as expected.

Hope this helps!