Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Chinese Data is not loading properly

Default Chinese Data is not loading properly

kindly help me regarding Chinese data issue. I am loading data from Table input -- > Table output step.

Seems to be issue is there somewhere else.. might be in database setting or system settings. but i can give the clarity about my both SOURCE and TARGET database table and column UTF8 settings. Please ask me if you need more info.

my correct data : 目标/校准(调整 and loaded wrong data: 目标/æ ¡å‡â€

SOURCE COLUMN utf8 setting:

TARGET COLUMN utf8 setting:

Why don't you try with Table input -> Text file output step and Text file input -> Table Output step.

Important note : must and should be set Encoding= UTF8 in Text file steps.

Default Chinese Data is not loading properly

thank you Sir,

It worked fine . i got correct data when i use Table Input -> Text file output and then Text file input step -> Table Output step when I use UTF8 settings.

why because I was used Table input step -> Table output step , we can ignore text format issues. DB to DB data will be load easily with out any text format issues, am I correct ??.

I am not sure about Text format settings issue when you want to use Text file steps. anyhow it worked well right ?

I am also expecting answer from PDI experts in this forum , For your question on Multilingual data issues with Text file Input and Text file Output step settings UTF8 settings..

Let use see,,
    Last edited by ranala; 11-27-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranala View Post
    I am not sure about Text format settings issue when you want to use Text file steps. anyhow it worked well right ?
    generally i used to got issues in text file input/output steps which are related to options Separator and Enclosure data. if the text is not correct format that means if the text is in mixed type of special characters then text will move to next line record and will get primary key conversion characters issues.

Please suggest me, experts......please
    Last edited by santhi; 11-30-2015 at 03:19 AM.