Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to implement a user defined function

Default How to implement a user defined function

I need to calculate the T-value (or P-value) for a linear regression. With MDX I can nicely calculate the linear regression using the LINREGSLOPE() function, but I can't calculate the result of a t-test. For that I'm trying to implement a user defined function using this guide.

According to this guide there are two ways to do this. The first is an inline implementation after which you have to declare it in your schema. The second one is to package the function in a Jar.

Questions: If I would go for the inline solution, where would I put the source code? In the Schema Workbench I can add a user defined function, but it only asks me for a ClassName. That leads me to believe that using the Schema Workbench I can only go for the second solution, and that is packaging my function in a Jar. Now, I've done that but where do I put the Jar? I guess it has to be put somewhere in the Pentaho folder tree, but I don't have a clue where.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You need to drop your jar in the classpath. biserver/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/lib should work.