Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: User Console Datasource Parameter Dropped after Publishing Mondrian Schema

Question User Console Datasource Parameter Dropped after Publishing Mondrian Schema

v5.4.0, EE

I have implemented a DynamicSchemaProcessor that extends pentaho FilterDynamicSchemaProcessor, following the documentation here:
    https://help.pentaho.com/Documentati.../Multi-Tenancy

To make use of the DSP, a 'DynamicSchemaProcessor' property has been added manually to Pentaho Analysis data source in the pentaho user console:
    pentaho user console > Manage Data Sources > Select data source > [gear-symbol] > add parameter

This analysis datasource was also added through the user console.

The DSP is working as expected, using my new class.

However, if I re publish my mondrian schema, using schema workbench, the 'DynamicSchemaProcessor ' property in user console datasource gets dropped and I have to add it manually.
    The property is retained after logging off, restarting services etc. It only goes missing when the schema is published.

Is there a properties file somewhere in 'pentaho-solutions' that I need to update to retain the parameter on the data source?

Thanks
    Jason

Turns out this is a known issue in 5.0.x

A JIRA exists for the issue, although there is no progress on it:
    http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-11499

The work around is to add the parameter back into the datasource manually, as I have been doing.

Thanks
    Jason