Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: DI server deployment with Community Edition

Default DI server deployment with Community Edition

Hi All,

I am trying to set up DI server with Community Edition.
    Is there anybody have experienced with setting up DI server from community edition?

If so, where I can find the deployment folder(.War files)?

Thanks,

DI server is part of the Enterprise Edition, with CE it's the carte webservice.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I went in with the notion that this would be a straight forward setup. But information seems lacking on how to get this configured to work well.

And most material seems to either refer to the BI component or the youtube videos all refer to Spoon.

If any of you have successfully set up the CE PDI server, please share what all needs to be done, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaka View Post
    I went in with the notion that this would be a straight forward setup. But information seems lacking on how to get this configured to work well.

And most material seems to either refer to the BI component or the youtube videos all refer to Spoon.

If any of you have successfully set up the CE PDI server, please share what all needs to be done, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    As already mentionned, CE edition has no DI server, only in EE version.
    So are you talking about EE DI server or about the Carte service (ok wich actually is a jetty server)?

If EE DI Server, look at help.pentaho.com and in your support.pentaho.com (since you have licence).
    If just for Carte, help.pentaho.com is good too, with the pentaho wiki.

For more help, please ask specific questions and provide context.

I've recently set up EE DI Server 5.4 for deployment on a custom tomcat 7 installation, dor 3 environnement (dev, test, production

Mathias,

Thanks for the response.

We are indeed using CE. SO it will be the carte service. Though we are having issues running any kind of transforms with pan.

I will look again at the help.pentaho.com. Specifically if there is any help or a document that walks through the CE setup that enables the following:
    1. Development locally in Spoon - we are good with this
    2. Exporting jobs from spoon to the CE pan/carte server/service
    3. Scheduling and running jobs on this server

Thanks again.

If you are using a DB repository, then exporting is not required, you can access the repository directly.
    If you are using files, then you don't need to export, just copy the files to the Pan/Kitchen server, and run them.

http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/...ion-Scheduling
    http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/...ion-Scheduling

Note: help.pentaho.com seems geared towards EE. infocenter.pentaho.com (indicated on one of the links above as superseding the wiki) also seems to be geared towards EE. Most of the CE information I have picked up has been valid from the wiki.
    Last edited by gutlez; 12-24-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Hi Shaunaka/Mathias,

I have got the same requirement to setup the server and repository for CE on a linux box.

Could you please share the steps .....I am trying to use 6.0 version,for the server setup do I need to download "diserver-ce-6.0.1.0-386.zip" (or) "pdi-ce-6.0.1.0-386.zip".

Please suggest me.

Mathias,

Thanks for the response.

We are indeed using CE. SO it will be the carte service. Though we are having issues running any kind of transforms with pan.

I will look again at the help.pentaho.com. Specifically if there is any help or a document that walks through the CE setup that enables the following:
    1. Development locally in Spoon - we are good with this

Thanks again.