Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error msg. while running transformation in pan.sh.

Default Error msg. while running transformation in pan.sh.

I am getting attached error msg. while trying to run below pan.sh

./pan.sh -file="/opt/pentaho/data-integration/transformations/Transformation_load_commodity_network_service_dim.ktr" -level=Minimal >> /opt/pentaho/data-integration/log/trans.log

Please help.

Thanks,
    Raji.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How about you post /opt/pentaho/data-integration/log/trans.log so we can *SEE* what the error is?
    Your image is so small that it's useless.

Below is the scenario I am running the process and attaching the trans logs (err_1.log and err_2.log).

# process repository ran_sucessfully? error # Note
    local server

1 transformation file yes yes

2 job file yes no err_1.log Created the job using spoon and copied the job to server and ran the job.
    Created the job using spoon(local) and copied the job to unix server.
    The transformation filename : C:\devtool\pdi\transformations\
    Transformation_load_commodity_network_service_dim.ktr

3 job file yes no err_2.log Created the job using spoon(local) and copied the job to unix server.
    The transformation filename :
    Transformation_load_commodity_network_service_dim.ktr. Removed the file path and copied the file to the folder where pan.sh is in the server.

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RajiR; 12-23-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Use kitchen.sh to run /opt/pentaho/data-integration/jobs/job_load_commodity_network_service_dim.kjb as it is a Job, not a Transformation. Pan will only run Transformation files (*.KTR)
    Last edited by gutlez; 12-23-2015 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Links to documentation

Really appreciate your help. I used kitchen.sh and I am not getting the error I mentioned earlier.

But, I am getting following error.

2015/12/23 16:32:19 - job_load_commodity_network_service_dim - Unable to read file [file:///opt/pentaho/data-integration/C:/devtool/pdi/transformations/Transformation_l
    oad_commodity_network_service_dim.ktr]

Attaching the error log (trans5.log). Please help.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Make sure you're using variable paths when defining the links between Jobs and Transforms.

/opt/pentaho/data-integration/C:/devtool/pdi/transformations/Transformation_load_commodity_network_service_dim.ktr (No such file or directory)

I highly doubt you have a directory "/opt/pentaho/data-integration/C:/devtool" on your Linux server.
    However, you likely have "C:/devtool/pdi/transformations" on your windows box
    That's not a valid Linux path, so it thinks you mean a relative path, adding the /opt/pentaho/data-integration (your Linux install path)

If instead you were to have ${Internal.Job.Filename.Directory}/Transformation_load_commodity_network_service_dim.ktr as the path to the transformation, it would look right next to your Job file for the transformation, whether you run it on Windows or Linux.
    Last edited by gutlez; 12-23-2015 at 06:23 PM.