Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: ORACLE Bulk Loader issue with string length > 255

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ORACLE Bulk Loader issue with string length > 255

Hi,

While using Bulk Loader for inserting records into Oracle data base, if the length of field value is greater then 255 , then the record is rejected.
    This is known SQL Loader issue , where length config file need to be defined manually.

Please can any one help on how this can be done in Pentaho.

I hope below link may help you . i am trying to understand the bulk loader step issues. if it is default issue in Oracle bulk loader step we better to change other steps.

https://asktom.oracle.com/pls/apex/f...D:961550699965

it means we need to specify the control file manually , defining length of each field. The issue is i don't see any option in Bulk loader step to define control file.

If you uncheck the "Delete cfg/dat files" option, what does the cfg file it created look like? Does it deal with the > 255 issue already?

I tried with this option . it's skipping records where field length is greater then 255. There is no ORA error associated with these records in log files.

skipping is not correct approach we need that data as well right?

Yes , we need that record in , need to undersatnmd is there any fox for this in Pentaho , where in length can be defined while creating config files used in bulk loader.