Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to set a variable by using sql script result,and use it in table input

Default How to set a variable by using sql script result,and use it in table input

the case is, i want to get a result from a sql script, and use it in table input as a variable.

Best way you can use get and set variable step.

Another approach you can use copy row step to copy the sql result set and passed that result set in table input.

Regards
    Sumit

Quote Originally Posted by farno View Post
    the case is, i want to get a result from a sql script, and use it in table input as a variable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumit_Bansal View Post
    Best way you can use get and set variable step.

Another approach you can use copy row step to copy the sql result set and passed that result set in table input.

Regards
    Sumit
    my kettle version is 6.0, i used a table input step to get the result and set it as a named variable, and try to use it in another table input as a param(replace variable in sql checked), but always can not get the value,
    how to make this work.

You can't define and use a variable in the same transformation.
    Use a Job with Trans-1 to retrieve the variable value via Table-Input and preserve it via Set-Variables.
    You can use the variable now in a subsequent transformation.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

You can also use two table input, in which in second table input you can specify "Insert Data from step", with tick "replace Variables in script", Use ? as a variable coming from first Table Input step.
    -- NITIN --

Quote Originally Posted by nitin_pipalia View Post
    You can also use two table input, in which in second table input you can specify "Insert Data from step", with tick "replace Variables in script", Use ? as a variable coming from first Table Input step.
    awesome, thanks dude. It works.