Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Carte execution ID vs JOB execution log

Default Carte execution ID vs JOB execution log

Hi,
    I've developed a job flow with lots of transformations and I also enabled job and transformation logging.
    I've enabled carte and I can execute the job by invoking a URL.
    The return after URL call is:
    <webresult>
    <result>OK</result>
    <message>Job started</message>
    <id>549387d0-e621-4b6f-aa63-2783a2116e7c</id>

</webresult>

What I want to do is to check at log tables from jobs and transformations wich carte execution ID (in this case "549387d0-e621-4b6f-aa63-2783a2116e7c") generated the log lines.
    I can see lots of possible columns like CHANNEL_ID, PARENT_CHANNEL_ID and ROOT_CHANNEL_ID but none seems to save the CARTE execution id.

Does anyone know how we can check wich carte execution ID generated the job/transformation log lines.

Many thanks in advance,
    Ronaldo Akamine

Hi,

I dont think the Carte ID is related to anything in the logging tables.
    With carte id you can retrieve the job status via rest service, the response contains the log text.
    And I don't think that you can retrieve the carte Id from a job either (so you could log it somewhere)....

However, objects in Carte are temporary (I mean jobs gets removed after a while) so you better go
    into the logging tables with job name and maybe start time to distinguish same jobs
    started many times (with batch id).

I found too that there should be a plateforme to browse executed jobs and log (and not the one in Spoon, it's a pitty

Hi,
    Thanks for the response.
    I've decided the following..
    As I am using java to invoke the carte url I will generate an unique ID in the java program and send it as an input parameter for the job.
    I will change the job so that it receives an id and saves it in the main job log tables.
    So when my java program invokes the Carte URL to start a job, it will wait for the carte id, and when retrieved it will save this carte id with the java generated unique id ina a table in the database.
    Then I'll be able to query carte executin id's with my jobs generated logs.
    What do you think about this solution ?
    Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by rakamine; 01-26-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Hi,
    I think this a solution which might work!
    I cannot think of another solution than something that put together carte id and job execution id.
    However, this means you need to define the id parameter in every job you want to launch on carte.

How will you put you java generated id in the good place in job log table?
    I mean, the job has to identifi jts own line of log in the logging table, no?