Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Default Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Hi,

Sorry for raising thread here, i was place same info in MySQL forum as well i may get proper info if it is related to PDI. that's why i created here in this forum.

I am using mysql innodb engine,java 1.7, pdi-ce-6.0,windows OS and facing issue like Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction when i am trying to load 4800000 records from source to target database (both are MySQL only).

i am getting issue exactly at 3600000 records set, alternative solution i given to my database with command like : set innodb_lock_wait_timeout=100

previously the size = 50 now increased to 100 but i hope this solution is not accurate for long time usage

below is the snap shot , i am getting issue at Synchronization after merge step.
    Name:  sync after merge.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  13.8 KB

Thank you

Are you using same table in Table Input and in Synchronize After Merge ?
    In MySQL , innodb engine . there is a row level locking, if same row select and update.
    -- NITIN --

Yes Sir, i am using same table in Table Input and in Synchronize After Merge steps.
    so in MySQL there are so many possibilities to lock if i follow above approach, is it correct ? to avoid
    row level locking is there any options sir ? please suggest me

Hi,

I think the problem is not that you use same table in input, because with the sort steps
    it has to read all data before sending a line to merge step.
    I think the locks come from having multiple synchronize steps working at the same time.
    Try to set only one synch step, you should'nt have locks anymore.