Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Importing all CSVs from a folder and merging

Default Importing all CSVs from a folder and merging

Hello,

Can anyone teach how I can import all the CSVs from the same folder into Kettle and do a merge? I tried using a Text Step and the regular expression data_load_.*\.csv but I'm getting a No Files Found error message (of course there are files in that directory).

Hi,

Are you sure of the directory? If you put relative path it will be relative to
    Pentaho installation directory.
    So be shure you set an absolute path for the directory, plus your regexp for filename.

However, text file input is the good step to read many files at once (or use get filenames+ CSV Input which might be faster)

Thanks Mathias.CH. I figured out that the issue was I was using the wrong regular expression. I really wanted .*\.csv instead of data_load.*\.csv.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias.CH View Post
    Hi,

Are you sure of the directory? If you put relative path it will be relative to
    Pentaho installation directory.
    So be shure you set an absolute path for the directory, plus your regexp for filename.

However, text file input is the good step to read many files at once (or use get filenames+ CSV Input which might be faster)