Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Windows 7 64 bit - Spoon won't start

Unhappy Windows 7 64 bit - Spoon won't start

Hi,
    I've scoured the Forum for anything that would help but I'm not having much success. Environment:
    Kettle Version: 6.0.1 -x386
    Java Version installed: jre1.8.0_66
    Kettle Location: C:\data-integration\Spoon.bat
    Environment Variable set: Var: JAVA_HOME Value: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_66

When I try to run Spoon.bat I get the message below in the CMD prompt. Strange thing is that the set-pentaho-env.bat is not a file that exists in the data-integration folder.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

C:\Users\RH>C:\data-integration\Spoon.bat
    '"C:\data-integration\set-pentaho-env.bat"' is not recognized as an internal or
    external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\data-integration>start "Spoon" "" "-Xms1024m" "-Xmx2048m" "-XX:MaxPermSize=2
    56m" "-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" "-Djava.library.path=libswt\win64
    " "-DKETTLE_HOME=" "-DKETTLE_REPOSITORY=" "-DKETTLE_USER=" "-DKETTLE_PASSWORD="
    "-DKETTLE_PLUGIN_PACKAGES=" "-DKETTLE_LOG_SIZE_LIMIT=" "-DKETTLE_JNDI_ROOT=" -ja
    r launcher\pentaho-application-launcher-6.0.1.0-386.jar -lib ..\libswt\win64

Figured it out... Missing set-pentaho-env.bat should have been a stronger clue for me. The download was interrupted by uBlock Ad-Blocker part way through. It looked like the whole zip file downloaded but in fact it was only about 90% done. Due to the missing files there was an issue. Just redownloaded 6.0.1 and it's working fine.