Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Entry to update with following key could not be found

Default Entry to update with following key could not be found

I am trying to update an Oracle table using Pentaho Community Edition ETL tool the input widget uses is a file. Unfortunately I am getting the following error 'Entry to update with following key could not be found'. The primary key records and the columns are present in the table. What do I have to do here as I have never seen this error before?
    Last edited by ocremedios; 01-14-2016 at 11:50 AM.

it is saying about primary and foreign key relation ship. is your parent record loaded before child record load?

Yes the parent key is loaded. I am just trying to update the table column. I am having the issue when updating values using files (csv, excel..) no issues when my input is table.

Are there perhaps empty spaces in the csv or excel file?
    Otherwise run your transformation with a higher logging level to see the exact sql statement and see if that is correct.

Could you be trying to use an update statement in the same stream after an insert statement?
    If so, your insert might not have committed yet, and therefore in the update statement, the key does not yet exist.

Post your transform and we might be able to diagnose.

I am using an update widget which is my last step. The issue is there are white spaces in the column after the value. The issue is there are no spaces on my file. The transformation is attached. I could accomplish this by using execute sql script.
    Do how have any suggestions on how to remove the white space before i use the database lookup or the update widget.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Where is that column coming from? In a Text File Input you can use "Trim Type" both. Otherwise use the step "String operations" to remove empty spaces