Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho EE root folder

Default Pentaho EE root folder

Hi everyone,

I'm editing some .js files in an attempt to make the gmapcomponents work properly

It kindly informs me the .js files (really json mapfiles) should be "placed at cde/components/gmapsoverlay/map-def "

However, in Pentaho 5.2.0 EE, that folder no longer exists. So I'm trying to edit the gmapsoverlay-implementation.js file. The gmapsoverlay folder is currently in
    /home/ubuntu/Pentaho/server/biserver-ee/pentaho-solutions/system/pentaho-cdf-dd/resources/custom/components/gmapsoverlay

Where does the Pentaho Biserver set its / folder? In other words, how much of the path above should I include in the code below?

Code:
     _getMapDefinition : function(myself, callback){

if (!!myself.mapName & !myself.mapDefinition){
                $.getJSON(wd.helpers.repository.getRsourceUrl()+wd.helpers.repository.getBaseSolutionPluginRoot()+
                        "system/pentaho-cdf-dd/resources/custom/components/gmapsoverlay/map-def/" + myself.mapName + ".js", function(json, callback) {
                    if (json)  {
                        myself.mapDefinition = json;
                    }
                });
            }
            //Dashboards.log('mapDefinition :' + _.keys(this.mapDefinition));
            callback(myself);
        },
    Eventually, I'll want to not only plot shaded polygons, but also add labels to the map, so additional suggestions in that direction also appreciated.
    Last edited by stanasa; 02-09-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Absent any response, I gave up on the issue and kludged a solution by removing both the wd.helpers and handcoding the directory from the cde options, based on the naming terminology in another mapping component (NewMapComponent), where a full mapname path is specified in the sample files, allowing me to guess at the correct folder paths

So in my case the _getMapDefinition getJson call looks like

Code:
    $.getJSON(myself.mapName, function(json, callback) {    
                if (json)  {
                        myself.mapDefinition = json;
                    }
                });
    And from CDE I call not 'mapname' but
    /pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf-dd/resources/custom/components/gmapsoverlay/map-def/mapname.js
    Last edited by stanasa; 02-10-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Hi stanasa,
    I'm having the same issue as you. Are you still using the map overlay component? can you provide me more details related to where to store the map files?