Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Connection Refused Error- HTTP Post

Default Connection Refused Error- HTTP Post

Hi,

I am working on a transformation using HTTP Post. I get below error message. WHen I use the WSDL URL. The same usl outside of PDI, works fine.

Connection refused: connect
    Can not result from [WSDL URL]
    at org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.httppost.HTTPPOST.callHTTPPOST(HTTPPOST.java:302)
    2016/03/10 15:09:13 - HTTP Post - .0 - at org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.httppost.HTTPPOST.processRow(HTTPPOST.java:425)
    2016/03/10 15:09:13 - HTTP Post - .0 - at org.pentaho.di.trans.step.RunThread.run(RunThread.java:62)
    2016/03/10 15:09:13 - HTTP Post - .0 - at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2016/03/10 15:09:13 - HTTP Post - .0 - Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Will appreciate inputs. Is there any settings like port # that is stopping the request to flow from pentaho?

Thanks,
    Vaishali

Most common causes of this sort of thing are ACLs on routers.
    Connection refused is an error that occurs outside of PDI.

When you say the "same url outside of PDI, works fine" do you mean that you tested it on the same machine?

Note: WSDL (Web Service Definition Language) should probably use the Web Services Lookup step rather than the HTTP Post step.

Quote Originally Posted by gutlez View Post
    Most common causes of this sort of thing are ACLs on routers.
    Connection refused is an error that occurs outside of PDI.

When you say the "same url outside of PDI, works fine" do you mean that you tested it on the same machine?

Note: WSDL (Web Service Definition Language) should probably use the Web Services Lookup step rather than the HTTP Post step.
    Thanks for your response gutlez. The url for wsdl works fine from any browser(IE/firefox) on same machine. i can view the complete elements. We did tried to use webservices lookup and was told that it didn't work. So we switched to generating SOAP message followed by HTTP post using WSDL. The connection refused error I suspect has to do with settings on PDI on my machine, One one thread I read, replacing localhost with exact IP address should work, OR it is a firewall Issue , Add exlplicit IP address in config.xml file. However I am not able to locate this file. Thoughts?

Vaishali

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishali24 View Post
    replacing localhost with exact IP address should work, OR it is a firewall Issue , Add exlplicit IP address in config.xml file.
    Well you didn't give us much to work with, so I had to guess in the dark.

If your WSDL is listening to localhost (only), and you put in your machine's IP address (or vice versa), then you'll get the connection refused message.