Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: creating a report using parameters

Default creating a report using parameters

Hi All!

i am creating a report using pentaho report designer. Aim is to fill up name and D/O/B columns based on an ID which was previously entered in the web pages. I am trying to use parameters for it. But each time i add a parameter , using add parameters, assign it a query and click 'ok', it just disappears.Can anybody tell me why it doesnt get added to parameters list . I am using prd 5.3 enterpeise version. I know its fairly complicated but any help will be welcome.

thanks,

There is a known bug in the report-designer. Create the data-source for the parameter outside of the parameter dialog and then reference it inside the parameter and it should work fine.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Can you explain on that a bit more? i have my dataset in place. how do i do that?

1 - Under data sources create the query that is going to drive the parameters
    2 - Add parameter
    3 - From the parameter definition (ex, drop-down select the query and it should populate the Value ID and Value Display)