Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: New to Pentaho - Looking for Community Edition Version

Default New to Pentaho - Looking for Community Edition Version

Hi All,

I am new to Pentaho BI Platform and wanted to understand on how the software works. I want to use Pentaho Open Source Community Edition software to create my monthly sales reports. I tried installing the "pentaho-business-analytics-5.2.0.0-209-x64" in my laptop and it worked for a month and got expired.

Now I get an error message "Missing or expired license. To continue you must update your Pentaho BI Platform license. If you are not ready now you may log out and come back later."

Any quick help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    Paramesh

You are working with the Enterprise Edition and not with the Community Edition. You can download the CE here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pentaho/files/

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your quick response. I wasn't sure about the version I had installed it.

I am downloading the CE from the link. I would post you back in case if I run into any issues.

Cheers
    Paramesh

Hi John,

Thanks for your help for my earlier query.

I have installed Pentaho "biserver-ce-5.2.0.0-209" in my machine. I noticed that it doesn't have the Analysis Reports and Interactive Reports of the enterprise edition. I googled and found that there is Saiku Reporting plug-ins that needs to be integrated in the Pentaho BI to have these two features.

I instaleld the Saiku Analytics from the Marketplace, however it reads as a enterprise trial edition and validity ends within 7 days.

I am looking for how to install the community edition of the Saiku Reporting/Analytics that would help me to create the analysis reports.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Paramesh