Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem calling a stored procedure in Pentaho

Default Problem calling a stored procedure in Pentaho

Hi there

I have the next questions. The last part of my ETL is this one:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  25.0 KB

So, first: When I am trying to finish de process, after the "Process File" step, I am able to see the metadata that I am using, but after the "Table output 2" step I can see as Output fields only the names of the columns of the file that I am handling. That is why I have to "split" the output of "Process Files" step, because I need this information after pulling data in table A (Table Output 2). I am not so sure if this is the best way of do this or not.

Second:
    I am saving some values in table A (Table Output 2).
    I am using the "Block this step until steps finish" to wait until "Table Output 2" finishes.
    After that I am calling a stored procedure that is going to make some computations based on the data saved in table A, and some of the values of the metadata of the entire process.

But when I execute the master job that calls the transformation that has this flow, I am getting this error message

Code:
    - Call DB Procedure 2.0 - ERROR (version 6.0.1.0-386, build 1 from 2015-12-03 11.37.25 by buildguy) : Because of an error, this step can't continue: 
     - Call DB Procedure 2.0 - Unable to call procedure

I am not so sure why I am having this error.

I would appreciate any advice you could give me.

Check the name of the Stored Proc... It might not be correct
    Also, does the procedure take any input, or can it run on its own?

It's possible that it is running, but is throwing an error because there's no data in the table to operate on.

I have checked. The SP works fine, it takes an Input value, and gives me an Output value. In case there is not any data in that table, the SP returns 0 and not null . The tabla A at the end of the process has all the data that I was expecting, so I do not understand why I am getting this error.

Perhaps turn up the logging?
    PDI is usually very good about telling you what's going on, and why it can't run one of the steps.

I have fixed it. It was an issue with some of the values used as a parameters