Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Not scaling for 4k dispalys

Default Not scaling for 4k dispalys

Hello,
    I have a new laptop with a 4k display which is amazing but a few apps don't scale properly to the resolution. All others are manageable but PDI scales in a way that the transformation is almost impossible to understand as the text and icons don't scale in the same way. Also things like the toolbar and popups don't scale correctly
    These are both on Windows 10

4k display at 3840 x 2160 resolution
    Name:  High Res.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  22.9 KB
    Normal display at 1366 x 768 resolution
    Name:  Normal.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  30.7 KB
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

You can try decreasing the font size and icon size and then zoom in using PgUp/PgDn keys. But I don't have a HiDPI screen so I don't know what it will do.

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? Right now I have to use a separate monitor.

Hi there,

I am new to Pentaho community and coincidentally got the new windows 10 with 4K display.That turn out both good and bad for me. I just started learning Pentaho report designer and having the exact similar issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Workaround available in http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-15394 (related to PDI), for PRD I'm still investigating myself.

I have attempted to use the PDI-15394 workaround with Report Designer placing the Eclipse files (downloaded from latest Neon package) into the report-designer\lib folder and adding the parameter mentioned to the report-designer.bat launcher on Win10.
    Doesn't help. When I set '-Dswing.useSystemFontSettings=true', the fonts do get bigger but the "background" doesn't so the everything remains unworkable just the same.
    I am using a Dell 27" 5k monitor.
    Any other ideas? Or have I overlooked something I should not have?
    Without a solution...unfortunately...at this point it seems I'll have to find other report designer software.