Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Get files from SFTP

Default Get files from SFTP

Hi Folks,

I am a newbie to Pentaho as I have worked on other ETL tools thou (Like OWB and SSIS).

I have a requirement to load flat files (GZIP) into MySQL.

I have installed Pentaho Community Edition 6.0 on my Windows PC and the remote server is Linux. I have been going thru many discussions forms and articles about GET FILES FROM SFTP Job entry. Sorry for being thick to ask this question. I am unable to find any Job Entry in my Client application (Spoon). Could anyone please kindly help me by listing out the steps to get it done.

I need it very urgently. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Dubbu

If you create a new job from Spoon, you will have access to all job entries available to you.
    You can use the edit control in the top panel to enter a filter string, so you can locate a certain entry fast without opening each and every folder in the gallery.
    The same works for transformation steps, when you create a transformation.
    Don't forget to clear the filter if you want to see all nodes again.

BTW: If you just want to load the data into a database table, you don't have to download it first. You can use a Text-File-Input step with a special file URI thanks to Kettle's adoption of Apache Commons VFS.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hi Marabu,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have tried to give my sftp as URL as suggested. But it still not finding the directory. My password has got a value @ in between, is that why it is unable to connect. I am bit stressed as I couldnt connect to the server.

FYI: I need to load these files (*.sql, *.json, *.csv) from the zip file to the MySQL Db. For the time being I am not bothered to unzip as I am going to do it manually but I need to load *.sql files from the directory from the remote server (SFTP) to the DB.

Could you please help? FYI: sftp://usernameassword@hostaddressortno/../../sourcefiles/load is the syntax I have used as a value in the File or directory column in TEXT-FILE-INPUT operator. Is that right?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Dubbu