Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Override global kettle logging variables to not log for transformation

Default Override global kettle logging variables to not log for transformation

How does one override the Kettle Global Logging Variables so a transformation does not output any logging? It appears you can have all Transformations log (set the global log variables), none of the transformations log (leave the global log variables blank), or some of the transformations log (set the logging for each transformation individually).

Is there an Exclude option? I have several transformations that I want to have database logging and one that I do not. I would rather not have to configure each Transformation separately just because I don't want one transformation to log.

Thanks!

Hi,

I think you cannot do that. May be could try to set the KETTLE variables to blank before launching the transformation,
    but dont know if it works.

Why domt you want this transformation to log anything??

A step w/in the transformation is being executed in a dynamic cluster and the slaves will not have access to the logging database.

Shouldn't your slave server have access to the same databases as the main server??
    If not your slave server is half usefull as you cannot do db operations from it!
    By the way, your slave set should have a kettle.properties too, no?
    I dont actually use slaves servers (i'm a poor with only one di server ), so i dont know if the master send all the environnement
    variables to the slave too (this would be mess!!)