Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: data-integration folder gets created

Default data-integration folder gets created

Hello,

I'm new to Pentaho Data Integration Kettle and hoping someone can help explain something.

I've used Kettle to move data between DB's using Windows for a few weeks now, and have recently switched over to a Mac. I'm running all of my Pentaho Packages local, not via a server.

Now on my Mac whenever I open Data Integration Kettle app a folder automatically gets created on my desktop called data-integration and in it is a system-karaf folder and under that a data1 directory which splits into generated bundles and txlog. Inside of txlog are two empty transaction log files transaction_1.log and transaction_2.log.

I can't for the life of my find why that folder gets auto-created, how or what its used for. When I'm done w/ my work the folder persists, and then I just delete it, so its not perpetually on my desktop.

Thanks for any insights. It's appreciated.

I think it's a temporary folder with temp log files but they are not delete once the process has finished
    -- Mick --

Thanks Mick. Doesn't hurt anything, but more annoying than anything having the folder out there.