Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem switching jackrabbit, hibernate, quartz to MSSQL in Pentaho 6

Question Problem switching jackrabbit, hibernate, quartz to MSSQL in Pentaho 6

I've been banging my head against this problem for a couple days now. We are in the process of upgrading from Pentaho 5 to Pentaho 6 and we use MSSQL for hibernate, jackrabbit, and quartz databases.

I have followed this guide: https://help.pentaho.com/Documentati...F0/0P0/030/040 to switch from postgres to MSSQL, but it never works. As soon as I switch all the necessary files, Pentaho refuses to start up.

I've gone through this process about 10 times and I don't think I've missed a file. I have checked that I have the sqlserver driver in the tomcat/lib folder, dropped and recreated all databases, checked that all MSSQL ports are open and programs can communicate with MSSQL, attempted to delete the file in conf/catalina/localhost (but it has not been populated there yet), and deleted all cache from the karaf directory. Is there anything I could possibly be missing? I can provide additional details or more logs if desired, thank you.

The first error in pentaho.log is:

2016-03-29 02:31:58,504 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.util.logging.Logger] Error: Pentaho
    2016-03-29 02:31:58,505 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.util.logging.Logger] misc-org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem: org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.PentahoSystemException: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - Error while trying to execute startup sequence for org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.connection.datasource.dbcp.DynamicallyPooledDatasourceSystemListener
    org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.PentahoSystemException: org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.PentahoSystemException: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0014 - Error while trying to execute startup sequence for org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.connection.datasource.dbcp.DynamicallyPooledDatasourceSystemListener
    at org.pentaho.platform.engine.core.system.PentahoSystem.notifySystemListenersOfStartup(PentahoSystem.java:363)

And the full pentaho.log and catalina.logs are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jutke; 03-29-2016 at 03:51 AM.

did you modify repository.spring.xml?

Error creating bean with name 'jcrRepository' defined in file [E:\Pentaho6\server\biserver-ee\pentaho-solutions\system\repository.spring.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException: Configuration file syntax error. (Line: 80 Column: 7)

Quote Originally Posted by emicarnicero View Post
    did you modify repository.spring.xml?
    Edit: whoops, I was looking at the wrong file. My updated response is below.

I did not, as the instructions don't mention that file. Am I supposed to? There is no reference to sqlserver or postgres anywhere in that file so I don't know what I would need to update.
    Last edited by jutke; 03-29-2016 at 01:56 PM.

No you don't.. I asked because log says syntax error on that file

Well, I still don't know what I was doing wrong, but I used the Pentaho 5 to 6 upgrade tools instead and I'm still seeing some errors in the log, but everything seems to be functional at least.