Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Export all transforms individually from repository

Default Export all transforms individually from repository

I am trying to export each individual transform and job from the repository to my local machine. Currently I've only been able to do a mass export which will give the repo back to me as one large xml file which would then need further parsing to break it into smaller chunks of xml.

Ideally I would like to have the transform/job take the repository connection in and then spit out the individual transforms still within their file structure on the other end. If this is one tool within pentaho or if it needs to be a full job that seperates the xml files and brings them back to my local machine.

anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? I've played with the export repository to xml file and was able to get it to break it down to just the public and home folders but inside those were still large xml files

Hi Mathias, I've been working with the repository to xml file step within a job and it will only break it down to home and public. I am looking to get all of the file structure preserved and then have each of the transforms be placed in those folders.

I haven't found a configuration within the export to xml file.

Hi,

Yes your right!
    If you are a bit patient, I'm building some mappings to do these things (since i need it too!):
    - read a full repository export with xml stax and rebuilt each transformstion and job xml into rows.
    - from rows with trans/job xml, output in individual file while building the repository structure in file system.
    - from individual files, built a repository XML file
    - from rows with trans/job xml, output some XLSX files with informations on trans, steps, connections etc.
    The last one is to be able to search stuff in repository, like all trans with javascript steps, or
    all trans with miss configuration of logs etc.

With that one should be able to go back and forth on each formats and get some insight/documentation of the repository

Awesome! I'm not sure if you need any help with it but if you find that you become stuck just send me a message!