Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Execute as single statement doesn't work with mysql

Default Execute as single statement doesn't work with mysql

Hello,

I'm trying to execute in a single transaction some mysql instructions. I have tried 'Execute SQL script' and 'Execute row SQL script', but I get an error saying that I have an error in my SQL syntax. If I execute that instructions without single statement option, they work.

Does single statement work or it's a bug?

looking at the documentation, "execute as a single statement" description is "This option does not split the statements by ; and will send the whole SQL to the database." Does this help you?

Hugo

vjsp90 - If I understand your question - you would like to execute several queries and then commit them as a single transaction. While there was a simplified method to implement this in version 5.0 (https://help.pentaho.com/Documentation/5.1/0L0/0Y0/0H0) this functionality has changed in version 6 and does not appear in the job level although still available at the transaction level. Was this what you were attempting to accomplish?

vjsp90, which version are you using? I think there are some pentaho 5 version it was not working. (I think 5.0 and 5.1). With version 6.0 it works for me