Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Doubts

Default Doubts

Hello friends, I have no doubt in two respects in relation to the PCA (Principal Component Analysis) and I would like to help me.The first: I used PCA filter in my database, but the classification rate was worse than when done with the original base. I used various algorithms to make sure and even then the rates were lower. I wonder why? and will always be so?The second: I have problem with the review process. To be more accurate, use the PCA filter process in Weka on a base of 4500 attributes, the program does, however when I do the same procedure with a 7000 attributes in the database, the program after an error, not performs. I've upped maxheap to -Xmx4000m, but without success. COuld you help me?

Thank you! Sorry for English

The default in PCA is to retain enough principal components to account for 95% of the variance in the original data. Try increasing that to 100%. PCA has runtime that is cubic in the number of attributes, so is not a good choice when there are large numbers of attributes. If you are looking to reduce the number of attributes via attribute selection then try a simple attribute ranking scheme, such as info gain ranking - this has runtime that is linear in the number of attributes. For something a little more powerful you could try Weka's RankSearch method combined with the ClassifierSubsetEval evaluator. This is a wrapper scheme that also has runtime that is linear in the number of attributes (not taking the computational complexity of the base learner into account).

Cheers,
    Mark.

Default Doubts

Thank you Mark!
    Last edited by Jovani; 04-12-2016 at 02:31 PM.