Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: upgrade the Salesforce Plugins to support version >=32 of the Salesforce API

Exclamation upgrade the Salesforce Plugins to support version >=32 of the Salesforce API

Version of API is calling version 21

Salesforce has upgraded all production services to the latest API version 35, which comes with the "Spring `16" release.

Please update the PDI/Kettle Salesforce plugins to support the latest API version.

I read in other thread about getting WSDL in salesforce page and build a new jar to replace, I have a new jar but it is not working. Is there any doc of how to?

Hi,

You should use a variable for the URL you want to call - This way you can easily update it as Salesforce changes.

Set it up in the kettle.properties file :-

salesforce_enterprise_webservice_url=https://na2.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/XX.0

Then use the variable '${salesforce_enterprise_webservice_url}' as the URL field in the Salesforce plugin.

There is no way Pentaho will be able to keep up with the Salesforce releases.

HTH

PDI 8.0.0
    MySQL - 5.6.27
    Redshift - 1.0.1485
    PostgreSQL 8.0.2
    OS - Ubuntu 10.04.2

Changing the URL is not enought, it needed to load all definitions on webservice, yuo can access the Objects but not the fields without recreating the wsdl definitions

Hi everybody,

we need an upgrade, too. I hardly think I'm able to carry it out myself, and I'm not sure who would be able to do it.

Which is the best way to go about this? Is there a maintainer of the plugin or is it an official Pentaho plugin?

I found a solution that works perfectly for me: I can change the api version in the url in the salesforce steps and then specify the queries directly. I also have to enter the fields to output manually.

I don't know why I haven't thought of this before =). This way I can exploit the most recent api without problems. To know which objects and fields are available and to test the queries I use the Salesforce Workbench.