Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Hbase connectivity Issue

Default Hbase connectivity Issue

I've Hbase-1.1.4 installed on Hadoop 2.7.2. I'm using Penatho 6.1
    I'm trying to connect to Hbase Input using zookeeper host and port. When I click the Get table names button in the Create/Edit mappings tab, I get this error message

The node /hbase-unsecure is not in ZooKeeper. It should have been written by the master. Check the value configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.

In my hbase installation zookeeper.znode.parent is "/hbase". But Pentaho is searching for "/hbase-unsecure". My Hbase installation is working fine as I'm able to connect to it use it.

Could you please assist me in fixing this issue? Does Penatho 6.1 not support Hbase 1.1.4?

I'd not configured the Hadoop connection properly. I've added proper configurations in hbase-site.xml in Pentaho installation directory and it is resolved now.

Quote Originally Posted by jipsbalaji View Post
    I'd not configured the Hadoop connection properly. I've added proper configurations in hbase-site.xml in Pentaho installation directory and it is resolved now.
    Hi, can I know what is the configuration you have done? I am having the same error as yours