Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: how to deal with "a date attribute" in weka?

Default how to deal with "a date attribute" in weka?

hi weka people

i am new in weka ,, i have file in excel contain more than 1500 records , the file contain an attribute called date and written as"" 6/4/2014 for example" i saved as csv but when i opened the file with weka i found that weka considered the date attribute as nominal attribute because weka deal with date ittribute in form yyyy-mm-dd

how can i solve this problem automatically please, i can not t rewrite more than 1500 records

thanks alot

Default help please

29 views and no even 1 answer!!

can any one help me please??

On the open file dialog in the Explorer's Preprocess panel you will notice a checkbox called "Invoke options dialog". Check this and then you will get a second dialog with options for CSV import. Here you can specify which attributes should be considered nominal, date etc. and a format string for date parsing.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    On the open file dialog in the Explorer's Preprocess panel you will notice a checkbox called "Invoke options dialog". Check this and then you will get a second dialog with options for CSV import. Here you can specify which attributes should be considered nominal, date etc. and a format string for date parsing.

Cheers,
    Mark.
    Dear Mark

thanks alot for your help , i use weka version 3.6 so i do not have a checkbox called "Invoke options dialog" but after i download new vesion i found it and it work,thanks alot

best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Dear Mark

thanks alot for your help , i use weka version 3.6 so i do not have a checkbox called "Invoke options dialog" but after i download new vesion i found it and it work,thanks alot

best wishes
    What is the version you use now? I got the same problem. Please help

This may be too late. But still in case any other people face the same question.
    I have a csv with date format dd.mm.yyyy. After loading it with Weka, this attribute is treated as nominal. You can edit the title and change it to the way you want. For example, I deleted all the values listed and set the date format accordingly, @attribute time DATE dd.mm.yyyy.
    Now after I load it to Weka Explorer, in the analyzing panel, it's showing the values with large numbers, which I have no idea about.