Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Recurrent Neural Network

Default Recurrent Neural Network

Hi Mark,

I found a RNN package at : http://jsalatas.ictpro.gr/weka/

Who's the one that adds this to Weka? Should I mention this as a project in JIRA if this can be done?

Thank you,
    Mike

It is up to the author of this code as to whether or not he/she wants it included in the official packages list for Weka. The download for the Elman network appears to be source code only, and is not formatted as a package that can be installed by Weka's package manager.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Hi Mike!

I'm the author of the Elman network code. I haven't included as a packages, because, it includes a modified version of NeuralNetworkConnection.java as it needs to define a new unit type (FEEDBACK). So in order to use it you need to have the weka's source code and overwrite this file (NeuralNetworkConnection.java) with the one found in the Elman's zip.

Obviously, this is bad design (to modify core classes), so if you think you could make the required changes to turn it into a package, I would be happy to see that happening and also to help you in any way I can.

Regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by jsalatas View Post
    Hi Mike!

I'm the author of the Elman network code. I haven't included as a packages, because, it includes a modified version of NeuralNetworkConnection.java as it needs to define a new unit type (FEEDBACK). So in order to use it you need to have the weka's source code and overwrite this file (NeuralNetworkConnection.java) with the one found in the Elman's zip.

Obviously, this is bad design (to modify core classes), so if you think you could make the required changes to turn it into a package, I would be happy to see that happening and also to help you in any way I can.

Regards,

John
    Thanks for the offer but I don't write code. I'm sure there are people on this forum who could though..