Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: WEKA GUI Chooser not loading

Default WEKA GUI Chooser not loading

Dear all,

I have recently started using WEKA more frequently for post grad work. I had used version 3.6 and it ran smoothly.

However, yesterday I tried installing version 3.8 and attempted running it with console alongside. However, it started showing an error of this sort:

"Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected! log4cplus:ERROR No appenders could be found for logger (AdSyncNamespace). log4cplus:ERROR Please initialize the log4cplus system properly. Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected! log4cplus:ERROR No appenders could be found for logger (AdSyncNamespace). log4cplus:ERROR Please initialize the log4cplus system properly."

and as console displayed such message, WEKA GUI simply showed "not responding" and task manager on my windows 8 had java not responding either.

After struggling trying to figure how to solve it, I uninstalled autodesk 360 and the message in console disappeared. However, WEKA GUI is still not loading, so I can´t use WEKA at all. I tried uninstalling several times, clean registry, install older version and even version 3.9 but nothing. Always not loading.

The only thing different I did from the day before was installing Eclipse and node.js in order to try a couple of things in a java console (but I am not a programmer, I was just fiddling with a couple of command lines I found online and wanted to try on Eclipse).

Therefore, I wanted to know whether I might have misconfigured something after installing eclipse for java EE and node.js which could have affected WEKA. And if so, what could I be doing to fix it because it seems I won´t be able to use WEKA at all like this because it simply won´t load even GUI chooser.

Or could it have been something else?

Not sure what further info I could be given out in here, but if there is any, let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Diogo

Hmm, I'm not a Windows expert so can't really comment constructively on this. It does sound like a Windows problem though, and not something Weka-specific. Perhaps re-installing Java might help?

Cheers,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Backstroke View Post
    Dear all,

I have recently started using WEKA more frequently for post grad work. I had used version 3.6 and it ran smoothly.

However, yesterday I tried installing version 3.8 and attempted running it with console alongside. However, it started showing an error of this sort:

"Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected! log4cplus:ERROR No appenders could be found for logger (AdSyncNamespace). log4cplus:ERROR Please initialize the log4cplus system properly. Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected! log4cplus:ERROR No appenders could be found for logger (AdSyncNamespace). log4cplus:ERROR Please initialize the log4cplus system properly."

and as console displayed such message, WEKA GUI simply showed "not responding" and task manager on my windows 8 had java not responding either.

After struggling trying to figure how to solve it, I uninstalled autodesk 360 and the message in console disappeared. However, WEKA GUI is still not loading, so I can´t use WEKA at all. I tried uninstalling several times, clean registry, install older version and even version 3.9 but nothing. Always not loading.

The only thing different I did from the day before was installing Eclipse and node.js in order to try a couple of things in a java console (but I am not a programmer, I was just fiddling with a couple of command lines I found online and wanted to try on Eclipse).

Therefore, I wanted to know whether I might have misconfigured something after installing eclipse for java EE and node.js which could have affected WEKA. And if so, what could I be doing to fix it because it seems I won´t be able to use WEKA at all like this because it simply won´t load even GUI chooser.

Or could it have been something else?

Not sure what further info I could be given out in here, but if there is any, let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Diogo

I had a similar problem possibly with continuing to upgrade on my laptop. My laptop was able to run 3.7.1 perfectly but when I upgraded to a later version 3.7.13 it couldn't even get the GUI to work. Reinstalling several times and trying a different Java also gave me nothing. Frustrated to wits end, I just ended up copying all the packages out of my desktop machines that could run 3.7.13. Then on the laptop, I deleted the Weka packages(C:\Users\mike\wekafiles\packages) and copied in the packages that worked on my other computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hmm, I'm not a Windows expert so can't really comment constructively on this. It does sound like a Windows problem though, and not something Weka-specific. Perhaps re-installing Java might help?

Cheers,
    Mark.

Many thanks for the reply
    I ll see what I can do

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1961 View Post
    I had a similar problem possibly with continuing to upgrade on my laptop. My laptop was able to run 3.7.1 perfectly but when I upgraded to a later version 3.7.13 it couldn't even get the GUI to work. Reinstalling several times and trying a different Java also gave me nothing. Frustrated to wits end, I just ended up copying all the packages out of my desktop machines that could run 3.7.13. Then on the laptop, I deleted the Weka packages(C:\Users\mike\wekafiles\packages) and copied in the packages that worked on my other computer.

Many thanks Mike,

I ll see if I can do something about it

Regards