Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: import_export utility and cas authentication

Default import_export utility and cas authentication

i have tried to use the import_export utility when cas authentication is enabled but i get this error :

com.sun.jersey.api.client.UniformInterfaceException: GET http://localhost:8080/pentaho/api/au...nisterSecurity returned a response status of 401 Unauthorized
    at com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource.handle(WebResource.java:686)
    at com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource.get(WebResource.java:191)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.importexport.CommandLineProcessor.initRestService(CommandLineProcessor.java:359)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.importexport.CommandLineProcessor.performBackup(CommandLineProcessor.java:733)
    at org.pentaho.platform.plugin.services.importexport.CommandLineProcessor.main(CommandLineProcessor.java:259)
    root@pentaho:/opt/pentaho/biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system# cat /host/scripts/backup_repository.sh

if have checked the code of CommandLineProcessor.java and i have found that it try only a http basic authentication

client.addFilter( new HTTPBasicAuthFilter( username, password ) );

anyhow the login with cas require a user interactivity .

So is there any solution to use the import_export utility with cas enabled ?
    Or in alternative , is it possible to run theh import_export utility ( the java class i mean ) inside the ba server as a scheduled job ?

thanks for any answer

I've found a solution though convoluted .
    I've made a kettle job using the step "Call endpoint" using setting the Resource Path parameter to "/repo/files/backup" and enabling the check "Use Authentication from BA Server Session" ; then i've deployed the ktr file in BA Server Repository and scheduled it .
    In this way the ba server exec a backup and return it as attachment to the "Call endpoint" step .
    I've tried to manage the attachment returned but I haven't found any way to save the zip files in a correct way .
    This probably the response is in some way encoded in teh Kettle step .
    Fortunately the server save the backup in the temp directory of Tomcat in a zip file with a name like this repoExport*.zip .
    So I have reached my target albeit not in a cleaned way .
    I'd like use the rest end point but at the moment the BA Server does not support it with the CAS authentication enabled .
    I'd like try to implement it but i haven't enough skill .