Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Weka Server and attribute selection

Default Weka Server and attribute selection

Is there any way to use Weka Server for attribute selection?

Yes, via the new Knowledge Flow engine implementation in Weka 3.8.0. Attribute Selection can now be run in the Knowledge Flow (with output like in the Explorer). So you can execute a flow on Weka Server that runs an attribute selection scheme. There is an example template flow for attribute selection in the Knowledge Flow, available from the templates button (third from the right in the toolbar).

Cheers,
    Mark.

Thanks Mark. However now I realize my question was missing a point. That should have been: "Is there any way to use Weka Server for PARALLELIZING attribute selection?".
    To my understanding all KF tasks are run by a single slot in the server (so, even if you perform, say, a n-fold validation, only one job will be created instead of the n you get if you run that from the explorer), is that right or is there something I'm missing?

Yes, that is correct.

There is no support for executing attribute selection from the Explorer on Weka Server yet. The cross-validation evaluation for attribute selection could certainly be implemented to run on the server as one task per fold, that should be fairly straightforward. There is support for running in multiple threads implemented in the GreedyStepwise search method and in CfsSubsetEval if that's of any use.

Cheers,
    Mark.