Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Is it possible to resize elements with long ID's to prevent overlap?

Default Is it possible to resize elements with long ID's to prevent overlap?

This is probably a basic question, but I have some elements whose name is long as it comes from a database or the data source. The values from the elements will fit perfectly where I place them. The resizing of the element borders refuses to encroach upon the text label of the element itself; this causes layout problems.

Is there a way to allow me to resize the element box despite the long element name?

I have set height, width, x, y and get the desired output. It bothers the perfectionist in me that the overlap warning has to be endured.
    Name:  elements-resizable.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  13.9 KB

There is a text-wrap attribute that can be set to "none" (or something like it), this will solve the layout issue in Designer, but will also affect the data displayed.

You can switch off the overlapping warning. Select View/Show Overlapping Elements from the top menu.

Thanks for the reply. Changing the element to text-wrap:none or text-wrap:wrap had no effect.

Perhaps I misunderstood. You will get the overlap warning (the red color) when your elements overlap. If you say the value will fit into a smaller space and not actually overlap with other elements, you have to resize the element. If it's not working using the mouse, set the size in the Style tab.