Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Which pentaho bi server having dashboard creating option

Default Which pentaho bi server having dashboard creating option

Hello All,

I am new in Pentaho BI. I have download pentaho biserver-ce-4.8.0-stable for learning purpose.

After configured the bi server. when i login in Pentaho User Console, it shows the following option:

- New Report
    - New Analysis

there is no new Dashboard option.

please let me to know which pentaho biserver having new dashboard option.

Thanks.

Why don't you start with the latest version of Pentaho, 6.1 now?

I believe built-in dashboarding is an Enterprise only feature. In CE you could choose to install the Ctools plugin for your dashboarding needs.

Thanks Ana. i have configured Pentaho CE 6.1.

Can you suggest some basic tutorial to creating dashboard in Pentaho CE 6.1

Thanks.

Thanks jtroxler for your reply. i have configured Pentaho CE 6.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtroxler View Post
    I believe built-in dashboarding is an Enterprise only feature. In CE you could choose to install the Ctools plugin for your dashboarding needs.

Sorry, no, if you find a CTools 101 tutorial let me know, because I'm stuck too.
    This book is good: https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-an...pentaho-ctools but it's not an step by step guide if you're knew to CTools. I began going through this book, but given my almost null knowledge of JavaScript, CSS and all that, it was taking too much time for me, so for now I have left it out, although I'll continue going through the book in the future when I have some time.
    For now I've been able to get by with Pentaho Reporting and I'm able to do my job with it. I had help (an external consultant) to build a basic dashboard that I use as Sample when I need to create a new one.
    I can embeb my Reports in the Sample Dashboard when needed just changing a parameter, and the rest of the Dashboard is some html texts and images I edit when I need to create a new Dashboard.
    The PDI and Reporting books where good for newbies, and I'm more familiar with the concepts in those tools, I just had to learn how to do things I already knew using Pentaho, but Ctools falls more out of my scope, so it's a longer project for me to learn it.
    Regards