Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Auto Documentation in PDI CE 6.1

Exclamation Auto Documentation in PDI CE 6.1

Hi All,

I have around 500 jobs calling many transformations. Now, I want to document the entire flow of my ETL. For a particular transformation, I need to capture source table name, step names that are used in between and destination table name.
    I looked at 'Automatic Documentation Output' step and it is not giving the expected result. It just provides transformation name and its snapshot etc. I also looked at http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/...ttle)+Projects but could not get it running successfully.
    Can someone please help me understand how can I document entire ETL flow? Or can someone suggest any other approach of auto documenting the flow ?

TIA,
    Sanket

Not the original purpose, but it can be an idea...
    Do you have a database configured to audit the execution of your transformations and jobs?
    If so, taking a look at the table where you have the step metrics of the last execution (the last execution so you are looking to your actual transformation, not to some older version with different steps) you can get the steps in the transformation listed. The same with the table recording job results for each step in the job.
    Regards