Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Another how do I connect to MS SQL from Report Designer 7.0.0-25

Default Another how do I connect to MS SQL from Report Designer 7.0.0-25

Good day

I have recently downloaded report designer version 7.0.0. I am unable to create a data source to MS SQL server. I have downloaded sqljdbc4.jar and placed it in the \report-designer\lib\jdbc directory. Nothing works the error message is

Driver class 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver' could not be found, make sure the 'MS SQL Server (Native)' driver (jar file) is installed.
    com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Funny thing is I downloaded an older copy of Pentaho Report Designer 5.0.1. I follow the exact same steps, use a copy of sqljdbc4.jar, same database. And voilà it worked first time.

The only documentation I can find for Report Designer is for a flavor of 3.x.x.

Does anyone know what might have changed in version 7.0.0 from earlier versions?

cheers

bob

did you have any luck with this? Upgraded Kettle from v6.1 -> 7.0 and having same issue.

Nope we were looking at Pentaho as a replacement solution. Since I could not figure this out or get support, we abandoned this option. Best of luck

cheers

Rename the sqljdbc4.jar file to sqljdbc.jar or use the jtds file (then use the MS SQL Server option and not the MS SQL Server (Native))

Quote Originally Posted by johanhammink View Post
    Rename the sqljdbc4.jar file to sqljdbc.jar or use the jtds file (then use the MS SQL Server option and not the MS SQL Server (Native))

Thanks johanhammink