Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: PDI HTML to CSV conversion

Default PDI HTML to CSV conversion

Hello everyone,

I have total 300 jobs which are calling multiple transformations as well as jobs which further contain many transformations.
    I have already created HTML documentation of these jobs which show source/target, database connection etc information. Is there any way to convert this HTML format to Excel format ? This Excel format should be in proper tabular format.

Note:: I have already gone through some online converters but they are not giving me output in proper format.

Thanks in Advance

Why would you convert HTML to CSV?
    Of course, it's easy to convert tabular data between different formats (HTML/TABLE, CSV, XLS, ...), but why don't you create CSV files in the first place?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks marabu for ur reply.
    I have used the auto-documentation using this reference http://www.kjube.be/presentations/PC...landBouman.pdf which creates the documentation of all transformations and jobs, in html format.
    So now, i need to get this output in excel tabular format.
    How should i achieve this?

At first make sure the generated HTML is well formed XML.
    Then use one of the XML parsers offered by Kettle - Get-Data-From-XML or XML-Input-Stream.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

You do know that the KTR files are well formed XML, right?
    So instead of going KTR -> HTML -> Excel, it would make a lot more sense to go KTR -> Excel

Thanks a lot for pointing out the wonderful auto-documentation project by Rolan Bouman, I wasn't aware of it and it's much more elaborated than the autodocumentation operator in Pentaho and the sample provided. When I saw the document generated from my own project I almost cried... Such an easy way to keep your documentation updated, just use the descriptions while your are developing the transformations and jobs, and when you commit your changes to your control version system, just regenerate the documentation of the whole project... And a lot of so called professional (and very expensive) ETL tools lack this...