Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: PDI Get Variable Step

Default PDI Get Variable Step

Hi, I am new to Pentaho Enterprise Edition. Is there any way to get parameters/variables value from URL to be accessible in transformation using Get Variable Step.
    Actually i know 'Get Variable' works when we supply parameter in 'Parameter - Value' pair. If it is possible to get variable from url into 'Parameter - Value' pair of db connection only then i can access into transformation.
    Your earliest response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

As far as I'm concerned, I don't understand a word of what you say.
    If others are like me it's no wonder you don't get answers.

So, I'm fishing in muddy waters:
    • Parameters (defined in a job or transformation) can be set from the command line at runtime like -param:name=value.
    • You can concatenate multiple Kettle variables to create a DB connection URL, if you need a portion of that URL elsewhere.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by marabu View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, I don't understand a word of what you say.
    If others are like me it's no wonder you don't get answers.

So, I'm fishing in muddy waters:
    • Parameters (defined in a job or transformation) can be set from the command line at runtime like -param:name=value.
    • You can concatenate multiple Kettle variables to create a DB connection URL, if you need a portion of that URL elsewhere.
    Hi, Thanks for your interest, actually my problem i hit url of pentaho report to view from some other web application, and some info (username) is embed in that url. I want that the transformation should get that user name, is it possible?
    Because transformation get parameter from Pentaho Web console (see image attachedName:  Pentaho Di.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  14.0 KB).

Sorry, but that screenshot is unreadable to me.
    Also, I can't help if you have a problem with Pentaho User Console (EE) or Administration Console (CE).
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.