Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho development issue- Setting up DI dev environment

Default Pentaho development issue- Setting up DI dev environment

Hi All,

I am trying to set up Pentaho CE development on my IntelliJ IDE, I have been reading various resources including the official Pentaho docs but I am facing difficulty to complete this task.

I followed https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...rs/kyEKMRnsT5Q to set up my dev environment.

IntelliJ recognized eclipse project set up and it did create all the module dependencies however I am not sure if something is wrong. I am getting errors while trying to resolve dependencies, such as "pentaho-registry;7.1-SNAPSHOT: not found" (and many others) for all the modules.

Sorry for my ignorance I am very new to Pentaho and don't know how the whole project is put together, could not find much docs explaining this. I have failed to get my eclipse environment set up as well (I am more comfortable with IntelliJ hence switched). In eclipse "ant clean-all resolve create-dot-classpath" does not create a run/debug configuration as explained in https://github.com/pentaho/pentaho-kettle.

The good thing is I can successfully build project using ant commands in command prompt.

Could someone help me understand module dependencies and what I may be doing wrong here.

My set up:

• Windows 7 OS
    • IntelliJ with IvyIdea plugin installed
    • Ant set up with Ivy
    • Environment vars set for Ant
    • Added Junit, Ant, Ivy dependencies

I am happy to share more details if required..

Thanks,
    R

Great to see a lot of helping hands !!! ... It will fantastic if someone could at least advise me if there is a good place to post Dev questions?

Thanks,
    R

This forum is mainly about using Kettle.
    If you are lucky you will receive comments from the occasional Kettle developer visiting this forum, but you may get better results by subscribing to the Kettle developers group, I guess.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks marabu, appreciate your response. I had signed up on this group but they are not seems not very active and I could not post anything there as the default permissions you get does not allow you to post something ... Thanks anyways..

It is late, but I got at least Kettle/Spoon to run in IntelliJ. I wrote down how I got it to work here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...5579#44325579\

Hope it helps someone as getting this thing to build and work was decidedly non obvious.