Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho Json Output step with dynamic fields

Default Pentaho Json Output step with dynamic fields

Hi, I am new to PDI. My query is i have to read 200+ tables from db through 'Table Input' and this step runs a query on each table i.e Select * from each table. I want to generate a json of each table data but Json Output step require Field name and Element Name. In my case how can i make fields dynamic to generate json of 200+ tables data
    Your earliest response will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

Take a look at the 'Metadata Injection' functionality. That should help you with your use case.

Before using it: check online blogs/tutorials, run through the Pentaho documentation's examples, look at the examples in your /sample/ folder.

If you still have questions, post back to this forum with more details (including, at minimum, PDI version you're using). Folks on this forum will be glad to help, but no one wants to do your work for you.
    My runtime environment: MacOS, JDK 1.8u121, PDI 7.0

Hi, Thanks to you for your response. I am using CE Version 6.1 on Ubuntu with jdk 1.8.
    With reference to this post https://themagicaltrout.wordpress.co...a-integration/ PDI lacks this functionality so i posted thread for some alternative way. I viewed sample directory but there is nothing like json output (as i have just opened transformation including name json*).
    In the image attached i want some thing like row # 4 something generic variable instead of hardcoded field names (row 1, 2, 3).
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  10.9 KB
    P.S: I do not want for some one to work for me.
    Last edited by rtUsmanKhan; 12-30-2016 at 10:26 AM.