Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: kitchen.sh, pan.sh, spoon.sh all launch the spoon.sh GUI

Default kitchen.sh, pan.sh, spoon.sh all launch the spoon.sh GUI

Hello! I'm an overall new user. I've been using kettle from 6.1 and all was working well. I upgraded to 7 because I hit a heap error, and though the upgrade would fix it, but turned out that experience is the best teacher. Now, on the 6.x version I was running a crontab which executed a job every night. Worked just fine.

The version of Kettle (7.0.0.0-25) that I'm using is the latest I could find. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, and here are my attempts:
    I run kettle in debian linux.

at the command line:
    ./spoon.sh # results in the Kettle GUI being launched
    ./pan.sh # results in the Kettle GUI being launched
    ./kitchen.sh # results in the Kettle GUI being launched

rebooted the machine
    tried this from my previous crontab:
    ./kitchen.sh -rep PentahoRepo -user standard -pass user1234 -dir PQRS2016 -job Measure1 # results in the Kettle GUI being launched

tried this instead:
    ./pan.sh -rep PentahoRepo -user standard -pass user1234 -dir PQRS2016 -job Measure1 # results in the Kettle GUI being launched

tried
    ./runSamples.sh #loads the GUI for each sample - waits for you to close the GUI, launches it successively a few times. Gets old.

tried
    ./kitchen.sh -rep=PentahoRepo -user=standard -pass=user1234 -listdir=Y # results in the Kettle GUI being launched

and now I'm here asking - what in the world am I doing wrong? Seems like these all should be doing different things, yet, no matter what I type, I get the same output.

Also, doesn't matter if I've had the Kettle GUI running while attempting these commands or not.
    Hoping someone else ran into this and knows?

thanks,
    Jack

I take it no one has ever seen this. I did a clean install to a fresh VM because there are no replies. Still the same behavior. I'll have to attempt with something other than linux as my desktop see if that's the issue. surprising that other people haven't seen this...

Hi,
    I am facing the same issue.
    Did you find any solution for this?