Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: kettle gives me a stuck "operation in progress" modal window systematically

Default kettle gives me a stuck "operation in progress" modal window systematically

Hi all,

I have a kettle installation on my archlinux PC that gives me a stuck "operation in progress" window as soon as I try to open a CSV file and either press "Get Fields", or try to "get output fields" from the step. It does the same for a Table input, so I guess it is happening in all those "operation in progress" windows.

It used to work on this machine, but it was a few months ago, I haven't run Kettle for a little while. So I guess there is something wrong in my environment, but I cannot figure what.

This occurs with 6.1, 7.0, with Oracle's 7 and 8 jdks. There is no error message in the log or stdout/stderr when this happens.

I'm not very proficient in Java, so I don't really know what to provide to get some help. I can post a jstack if this helps, for instance.

I did a search in the forum, in Jira, and couldn't find something that helps.

Regards

Took me a while. Solution found here: https://diethardsteiner.github.io/pd...-CRITICAL.html

Is this fix normal ?