Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to import database repository to di server repository?

Exclamation How to import database repository to di server repository?

Hi,

first, sorry for my bad english.

I want to import my database repository created with Pentaho 4.4 and migrate in Pentaho 6.0 in the Pentaho 7.0 DI Server.
    I try with the import of PDI 7.0 but I received this error:

org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException:
    Unable to read shared objects from repository

Unable to get all files of type [database]
    exception while getting children for folder with id "75268606-c134-4577-a189-a0d2f3ed06de"

Reference number: 913da910-9a36-43b7-8d17-72b68618277f

at org.pentaho.di.repository.pur.PurRepository.loadAndCacheSharedObjects(PurRepository.java:1640)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.pur.PurRepository.loadAndCacheSharedObjects(PurRepository.java:1648)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.pur.PurRepositoryImporter.populateSharedObjectsMap(PurRepositoryImporter.java:63)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.pur.PurRepositoryImporter.replaceSharedObjects(PurRepositoryImporter.java:95)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.RepositoryImporter.importTransformation(RepositoryImporter.java:726)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.RepositoryImporter.transformationElementRead(RepositoryImporter.java:877)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.RepositoryExportSaxParser.endElement(RepositoryExportSaxParser.java:95)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:328)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.RepositoryExportSaxParser.parse(RepositoryExportSaxParser.java:70)
    at org.pentaho.di.repository.RepositoryImporter.importAll(RepositoryImporter.java:230)
    at org.pentaho.di.ui.repository.dialog.RepositoryImportProgressDialog$3.run(RepositoryImportProgressDialog.java:194)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
    Claudio

You want to migrate to version 6 or 7? I think you have to do that in several steps. But you are talking about the DI server so you are using the EE edition. Than you can also contact the support of Pentaho

No, now we use Kettle 7.0 and Kettle 4.4 with a database repository.
    We want move the repository on the DI Server 7.0. The DI Server is included in the Pentaho BI CE Suite 7.0.

We encounter the issue when try to import our database repository exported with Kettle 7.0 in the DI Server (Kettle 7.0 linked to DI Server).