Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connect Repository Button is not visble in my Pentaho Community Edition

Default Connect Repository Button is not visble in my Pentaho Community Edition

Hi Masters ,

I'm new to Pentaho and presently i'm using Pentaho 7.0 CE . By using Spoon.bat very time i'm able to access the Spoon Environment .Comming to my issue

im not able to access or see Connect button ( to connect to Repository )on spoon also Tool -> Repository sub menu is in gray (not able to access) .Could you please help me how to get it fixed is there any alternative to connect to Repository?

Name:  Spoon 7.0.jpg
Views: 3889
Size:  15.3 KB
    Thanks & Regards,
    AK
    Last edited by AKAN; 03-02-2017 at 02:43 AM.

Close Spoon, rename the .kettle and .pentaho folders in your %USERPROFILE% to something like .kettle-bak, and start Spoon again.
    If you're still not happy, reinstall PDI.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hello together,
    I recently downloaded newest Pentaho 8 CE Server and PDI and do not have any chance to connect to the servers repository. Is this feature inactive by default?

No it is active. What are you doing to connect to the server?
    1. Start the server and wait till it is finished (try in browser on same machine http://localhost:8080 or ipadres of the machine). So check if server is running
    2. Start PDI and go to connect - Repository Manager and create a new connenction. There you should be aible to create a Pentaho Repository

I tried few versions 6.0 & 7.0 & 7.1 & 8.0, version 6 was allowing to connect and manage repositories but version 7.0 & 7.1 was not giving that facility in Company's computer, I tried to install version 7.0 & 8.0 in my personal computer which was disconnected from internet ,it was nice & went successful with connect option in upper right corner side.
    I disconnected the LAN, deleted all spoon created files('.pentaho','.kettle', '.swt','.m2' in user home directory) I tried to install 7.0 this morning in Company's computer, succeeded in installing 'pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25' & 8 as well, configured the pentaho file repositories

Difference is that :
    If connected to internet, spoon.bat is creating '.pentaho','.kettle', '.swt','.m2' in user home directory
    while not connected to internet, spoon.bat creating '.pentaho','.kettle', '.swt' in user home directory
    Last edited by rajeshaitha2008@gmail.com; 12-21-2017 at 04:41 AM. Reason: corrections

Quote Originally Posted by marabu View Post
    Close Spoon, rename the .kettle and .pentaho folders in your %USERPROFILE% to something like .kettle-bak, and start Spoon again.
    If you're still not happy, reinstall PDI.

Tried this approach but it doesn't work. My Data Integration app isn't coming up when I double-click on it so I'm trying to open the Pentaho 7.1 by double-clicking on spoon.sh file in data-integration folder, I'm not sure if the issue is due to that.
    Last edited by rahultiwary1501; 01-29-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Same problem here with Spoon 8.0 (and 8.1).

The button to connect to a repository is GONE! How can this happen?

Removing .kettle and .pentaho as suggested did not resolve the problem. Seems like it's a recurring problem. And I don't understand how an app can loose that button...
    Between the last start, where the button was available, I can think of a few things changed in my Windows 7 x64 developer VM. I updated Eclipse, possibly edited JAVA_HOME environment variable, and updated cygwin with X11 stuff.

regards
    Leo

Whats the decompressor that you are using? Incredibly i leaved Peazip e starting to use 7zip and the problem was solved. The Repository button is back to me again

Quote Originally Posted by guidogabriel View Post
    Whats the decompressor that you are using? Incredibly i leaved Peazip e starting to use 7zip and the problem was solved. The Repository button is back to me again
    I use 7zip, all the time.

Removing system/karaf/cache and system/karaf/data/tmp did not help.

Spoon was OK again from a fresh unzipped pdi-ce. I couldn't spot an obvious cause in the rest of the diff of the fresh pdi-ce and the defective pdi-ce. Strange.

Edit: OK, meanwhile I discovered, that I should not delete the the /pentaho-big-data-plugin/, which fills the disk of my VM with a whopping 670MB (double the size of the rest!) Restoring the plugin immediately showed the button again in Spoon... OMG! the plugin cannot be plugged out, it's a mandatory part of Spoon! I consider this a design flaw, or a packaging flaw.

Edit: I filed PDI-17425.
    It boils down to the existence of
    data-integration/plugins/pentaho-big-data-plugin/pentaho-big-data-legacy-8.0.0.0-28.jar
    and
    data-integration/plugins/pentaho-big-data-plugin/lib/*.jar
    in that very place. (didn't further bisect on the lib/ jars.) The rest of pentaho-big-data-plugin can be removed.
    Last edited by lbreuss; 07-10-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Have a look at this post to remove big-data plugin.
    https://blog.twineworks.com/improvin...n-78d0803c559b